SAFe® for Government
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context.
But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
What will you gain?
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Supporting program execution
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
Duration of the course is 2 days, from 09.00 to 17.00 and it is delivered in Romanian.
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Who should attend?
- Business Analyst
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Practice Lead
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- Certified SAFe® Government Practitioner PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Government Practitioner digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- A one-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SGP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Exclusive Trainer – Ștefan Bârgăoanu
- Certified as PMI-ACP (PMI – Agile Certified Practitioner), SPC4 (SAFe. Program Consultant 4.0), LSSGB (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt), CSM (Certified ScrumMaster), PMP (Project Management Professional);
- Over 10 years’ experience with Lean and Agile approach;
- Background as trainer, mentor and coach;
- Expertise in software development and business administration.